Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It is never ending!

So for the last week I have been dying. Well, not really, but I have walking pneumonia along with like 2 other things. It sucks. But on Friday I went to the doctor got more drugs, and headed to the cities with my girls. Daddy went hunting with Grandpa, so we decided to go hand with Grandma and Auntie.
It was really nice to get away from everything for awhile. We just hung out Friday night. Saturday we went shopping all day. Then Saturday night we all went to church with Joes(husband) grandma, and then to the great TURKEY BINGO! Good clean family fun! But this leads me to the things children say.
My little one is 6. She is very loud sometimes. So while sitting in this very formal Catholic service, a very quiet one at that, they passed the offering plate. Of course I only had a $5 so I threw it in. My 6 yr old took one look at it and said, " Take that out of there! Let's find something else, here put in this yellow paper!" And she tries to take the money out to replace it with paper. I could have died! And to try not and laugh, was so hard. Needless to say we left the money in and the yellow paper was taken away from her.
So if that wasn't enough out of her for the night, we went to play BINGO. Grandmas church has a priest that is from? Solmalia, or India. He is really great, but does have a heavy accent. So he is up talking, and Kay looks around then turns to me and says, " I don't speak Spanish, I can't understand a word he's saying!" At that moment I felt that we should just leave. I think we had enough church for one weekend!
Oh well, kids are fun! The rest of the weekend was very nice and quiet. We headed home on Monday, stopped at the cabin to see Dad and Grandpa. And headed home.
So onto home. We got here unpacked, and then I took the girls to a friends house so I could go to school. On the way to school, we passed 4 cops and a DNR truck with lights on. The first thing we(me and Jill) thought of was that someone was hurt in a hunting accident. No other thoughts of it. I dropped Jill off and went to get the kids. When I got there, the girls were getting ready to go, the phone rang. Jean got it and the person wanted to know if I had been there yet. She said I was still there. The person then proceeded to tell her, not to scare me, but someone was on the loose in my area, and was armed. Ok, scare me to death! So of course me being the curious being I am, I load my kids up and head home, with the understanding that if something didn't look right I would go back to my friends house. Well long story short, I didn't see any action around our house, so I took the kids and went in. Everything was fine.
And they caught the guy around 10:30pm. But it was scary there for awhile.
Alright enough of this. Algebra is calling...

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your last few days... And your kids crack me up. My 6-year-old is very shy and reserved, so she says the darndest things in a quiet way, but she still says them...

Brian said...

I think that is why Bill Cosby had that show Kids say the darndest things or something like that, where he would have a kid on stage and ask them questions. Some of the answers were absolutely out of deeeeeeep left field. Good story, humor and suspense and even the bad guy was caught in the end. :) Have a great day